Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Mashups for today - I'm Back/The party's over

Hello God it's me Margaret...er Brett. I'm back in business.

OK so I have been back in OZ since September...the holiday was 'just too marvellous for words' [as in the song - I blame the Glee for all this singing dear reader]. Having just over 2 months off from work to travel and to have time out has been fantastic, thank god for Long service leave. I was told during my travels that only OZ and dear old New Zealand offer this to long term employees globally! OMG I so thought it was an English thing that we copied. And if I stay for another 4 years with the same employer I get another month off. HA.

Alas its 6:30am and I'm back to work today. I slept OK but kept waking up every few hours. I was getting my gym bag packed last night and I was ironing clothes for today. It felt like I was heading back to school after Summer holidays - Whoa whoa I gotta go ...back to school [Grease 2 for those magical lyrics]. Jesus that was almost 20 years ago. I got an email recently from an old school friend to prepare for the 20 year reunion next year [I didn't go to the 10 year one because...actually I cant remember the reason now]. I'm still not 100% sure I want to go to this one either but I have many months to decide.

I have caught up on many a recipe ( I'm actually a few weeks ahead and more excited than ever) and I have all the lovely pics to upload and bore you with the trip [insert any song from the The road to ...movies here] I do feel very much rested and going back to work today isn't so much a chore, rather than its time.
So It's time to wind up the masquerade - Just make your mind up the piper must be paid
The piper? He's about 4th on the list after our trip. Thankfully he plays a sweet tune. Unlike the credit card statement.
X b

No comments: