Friday, December 08, 2006

Melbourne Moment

So everyone loves the city they live in...and as Melbourne is my town I love it too...I first visited the city in the 80's which blew me away as a teenager...then I visited again in the 90's (twice)...then I moved here in 1997 and have lived here ever since...

I suppose what I love about it is the feel of the city and the surrounds...I find them welcoming...from the iconic Flinders Street Station (above) to Collins Street and all of the city lanes...they are familiar, old and new - all at once...

(Above -The old Melbourne GPO collanade)What still amazes me after ten years living in our fine city is that I still find 'hidden' arcades/ shops/bars or buildings or streets or other hidden gems which I swear i have never seen before...and they have been there since Hoddle laid his grid out on the Yarra...
I suppose that's what I define as a Melbourne moment...so to speak...

b.

No comments: