Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Eurovision 2008 - postscript

OK so I need just to wrap it up after watching the show on Sunday night - and yes I was tough on Eurovision - and maybe because it's an easy target. So be it. As much as I give it shit it's still very fabulous in that camp trashy way that only the Europeans do so well.

Great news about the shortened voting - no more extended French lessons with' L'Italie 2 points' and the suchlike. Only the 8,10 & 12 points are announced - it reduced it to a 3 hours show instead of an 24 hour telethon. V.good.

A bit pissed off Russia won - only as it was a shit song. I suppose that is a matter of taste. Or maybe lack there of. A bit like the humor of the euro trash presenters.

The pirates got in the finals (Bless), the turkey puppet from Ireland didn't (good). What was with the bloody washerwoman/brides from Bosnia & Herzegovina and the old man in white who spoke throughout the whole song from Croatia - in Croatian! How the fuck I missed those mentals! And the worst thing is I'm probably related him!

OK so in summary my favorites was the woman with the divine makeup from Sweden (previously winner in 1999) - Great dance song -(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNHhjLzO5Sk) and the fabulous Page 3 chick from Ukraine - yet another ace dance hit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4FxGF-171Y) - she came second!

Overall it was good year of Eurovision. If good years involve all the a fore mentioned. I can only imagine the glamorous horror pic of next years in Moscow...ooooh those Russians.

No comments: