Sunday, July 09, 2006

Cocktail hour X 2

Well without sounding like Auntie Mame...cocktail hour was toooooo much last night Vera daaaaarling...ok enough of the Roslyn Russell at 8.49am on a sunday...especially since I have a bit of a hangover...

Last night we were invited to a housewarming in South Bank - guys we know have been living in the same place for 13 years - and now have bought it! Quite sensible really as can you imagine the savings in removalist costs! I digress...The boys went to a bit of trouble and there was a mixture of pitchers full of cosmos, margaritas, jelly shots and other colourful numbers designed to give you a headache in the morning...I did get to see and pay homage to Aunty Moira (will try to hunt down snaps of her last last performance at the Rooty Hill RSL)as she was keeping court in the garden...Shirley alas was not there...disappeared in a DC3 over the sea of Japan many many years ago now as she was coming back from a sell out performance at the Tokyo Gardens...Lets not speak of it...Great to see a lot of people we haven't seen in ages...Managed to leave in a semi-respectable sort of way (only the half not the fully loaded) and headed into the city to the Joe's birthday at the COMM bar...

Well m'dear the COMM Bar is all that and more - another Mebourne Bar in a hidden laneway I never knew (only been working the the CBD for the last 8 years)This brilliant pristine white bar with sweeping staircase ( where it leads to quite unsure given alcohol status) and fabulous Parisian chic wine room was a little too much! FYI the toilets are jet black and look heaven ( ps - I always guage a venue by its toilets? Why? Its the last thing the owners spend money on!) Joe & Carmel were already there looking fabulous and again saw many friends we havent seen in ages...why I continued drinking is still beyond me...(that right I was drunk!) So anyway we said our farewells (aka I fell out of the bar) and hailed a cab ( of course we went to 7-11 for a 4 and 20 - why o why the 7-11 have the brightest lights in the galaxy is beyond me...) and went to sleep...so an evening with Auntie Mame (Moira) ended more so "Withnail & I'

No comments: