Sunday, October 01, 2006

Big Trip from 2005 - London Calling Part 1

I can't believe its been over a year since I was in London... I was hanging out for god only knows how long to visit this city I have read so much about and dreamed so much about too...and yes after 1 week in London I did it all...I was staying with my old school friend Noel and the charming Alberto (pic taken in St Christophers Lane)in their flat - wonderful hosts - I can recommend the hosts of Chez Westminster for a comfortable rest stop for travellers...& also the lads are entertaining tour guides of the town...

Highlights for me were St James Park, seeing Big Ben for the first time(no pun intended), The
boat cruise on the Thames to Greenwich(it was almost 20 degrees and sunny!) Shopping on Oxford St, Doing the BBC tour(it's so worth the 10 quid), drinking coffee and watching the boys watch the boys watching the boys go by on Old Compton St, visiting the Tate Modern, the V&A, That fabulous lunch at 'Yatuchua'...god I could go on all day...



What I think what was the biggest relevation (other than the food was REALLY good)is that London is truly a multicultural city - everyone from everywhere on the globe has lived or still lives in London...or just lucky enough to visit it and be a part of it for a moment. It's exciting, old, interesting and fun...and that's just in SoHo on a Friday night!

Now knowing that Noel & Alberto are still there...Eddie & Pete have set up shop and Dirty Bird James is out mucking about around the traps...I so want to go back...as soon as the depoist for the house is saved and that semi detached interwar clinker brick with northly aspect is purchased (not to be too specific) then I can plan another trip to London Town...in the meantime good to know that N & A will be visiting OZ in 07 so all good...

No comments: