Thursday, October 12, 2006

Big Trip from 2005 - Viva Italy! Part 6 - Florence & Roma - LOST IN TRANSIT

Well I have no photos to post as my camera decided to die so I have only have actual photographs (Yes people still have those !) and as I dont have a scanner I can not load them!
Oh well...Well just quickly I had a wonderful time in both - Rome well not so much...
The next destination was Phuket to meet up with Andrew and some of our friends...other than the 24 hour flight over to London this journey was only slightly better...Let me explain...
- Leaving the Hotel at 1.30 on Thursday to catch the subway to Roma Termini
- then the 45 minute train ride to get to Aeroporto...then transit lounge until 5
- then a 3 hour flight to London...met up with Tony & Jez ( who had just returned from Russia & Ireland and joining on the Phuket leg) at yet another transit lounge...
- at 10pm UK time we caught a 12 or 16 hour flight to Bangkok....
- then 3 hours at another transit lounge at Bangkok Airport then a flight to Phuket...
- then a 1 hour coach ride to the hotel ....arriving at 9pm Friday night!!!!!
Needless everyone met us at the hotel...Andy and I went to the hotel room so I could give him all the gifts...then he gave me the best shag of the year (I got a bruise on my arm and still do not know how) then we all went to Tuk's Bar (our new friend) and got pissed.....

No comments: