Thursday, October 12, 2006

Big Trip from 2005 - Viva Italy! Part 5- Venice, Murano & Bologna

The Rialto Bridge..another landmark you don't realise you are on until you see the view of the Grand Canal...









A short ride over the lagoon from Venice is the Glass Mecca - Murano...



A spent most of a day there being an avid collector of glass, especially Murano glass...













As I took disposal cameras as well as the digital I have only these...which knowing me is probably a good thing...otherwise there would be glass for days


Bless the Italians...they certainly know how to do a chandelier...

After a few Days in Venice, Ronni and I said 'Ciao' - she was off to Sicily and I was off to visit the city of Bologna...known for three things..the 'learning'(of the University), the red (of its walls) and the fat(the fantastic food)...

Noel and Alberto met up with me from London and it was fun weekend...in a nut shell
- Get to Bologna...raining...Hotel room flooded so they put me in a serviced apartment...we wander around the city and visit some it's great cafe's and bars...We meet up with Mirko, a friend of the guys, he takes us to a Friends house for dinner...car breaks down as battery flat...Mirko's brother comes to our rescue then an hour drive to Modena for dinner... Dinner was ace and got very drunk...we drive back to a Bar in Bologna at 1am in the morning...Noel and I fall asleep in the back of the car...Wake up and go to Bar...drinking continues as the most odd gay bar ever I have been to in my life...leave bar at 4am and crash...wake up very hungover...go shopping and eat a fantastic lunch...then need to go to the toilet for over an hour...Say ciao to Noel & ALberto and catch train to Florence...Sun is shining...



Noel and I before the drunkiness...

A nice shot of Alberto and me trying to impersonate a lamp...I have a whole collection of me doing this...lamps, vases, flower arrangements and furniture...but that's not for here...

No comments: